Become a Member
Join us today to learn from our experts; use our world-leading tools to protect your customers; and be part of a network of 130+ innovative global companies working to make the internet safer. Your company will be known as one that’s providing safer products and services for your customers, wherever they are in the world.
Why join us?
- We help you provide a safe service for your users and protect your employees – by reducing the risk of your users finding criminal content online and giving your employees the tools to fight online criminal content. We’re a source of expertise for your employees and a trusted body to deal with criminal content spotted by your users and employees.
- We promote you as a responsible company committed to combating criminal content online – by publicising your membership, featuring your new products and services, and highlighting your role to policy developers and key influencers. Take a look at the global membership community we're a part of further down this page. You'll be able to use the IWF Member logo to enhance your credibility and stand out from your competitors.
- We connect you into a global network that’s working to create a safer internet and protect children – by helping you access influencers and link up with our global partners and Members. You can also contribute to the development of internet policy, and apply to join our Funding Council that gives advice on policy, provides funding and sets out our codes of practice.
- We make sure you’re ahead of the curve on the latest trends in online criminal content – by sharing research and intelligence on online criminal content, in particular, child sexual abuse content, and helping you understand abuse on your services.
“Online safety is integral to our business and the team at Microsoft, including MSN.co.uk and Bing.com, strive to make the internet a safer place for all. We are extremely proud of our continued partnership with the IWF whose dedicated team tackle the most abhorrent of internet content to ensure it never reaches us.”Ashley Highfield, Managing Director and Vice President, Consumer & Online Microsoft UK
“The Internet Watch Foundation’s support and expertise has been invaluable to our efforts to keep Facebook free of illegal content.”Facebook
Our membership community
We work with others who are also involved in top-level global initiatives designed to make the internet safer. Some of these are:
- The Child Online Protection Initiative of the International Telecommunication Union (ITU), the specialised agency of the United Nations
- The Commonwealth Cybercrime Initiative (CCI)
- The Cyber Security Programme of the Commonwealth Telecommunications Organisation (CTO)
- The European Financial Coalition (EFC) against Commercial Sexual Exploitation of Children Online
- The Internet Governance Forum (IGF) Dynamic Coalition on Child Online Protection
- Child Rights Connect, formerly the NGO Group for the Convention on the Rights of the Child
We’re a not-for-profit organisation, registered as a charity in the UK, so your full membership fee goes towards the global fight against online child sexual abuse.