Caring for our staff
IWF may operate in a highly advanced technological world, but it’s the expertise and experience of our analysts that sets us apart. We give all our staff the flexibility and reassurance they need to manage their home and work life.
- All new analysts go through a specially developed induction training programme to help them mentally process and cope with exposure to disturbing images.
- Our analysts’ working hours are restricted; they take regular timetabled breaks and are encouraged to take more breaks as and when they need.
- All our staff work shorter days to ensure their personal lives don’t suffer, and we don’t allow analysts to work overtime.
- Each month our analysts have individual mandatory counselling sessions and all employees who see criminal imagery have an annual full psychological assessment.
- Everyone who works for us is offered counselling support.
We work in partnership with internet service providers, telecommunication companies, mobile operators, software providers, the police, Government, the public, other NGOs and charities to minimise the availability of child sexual abuse images and videos online. Our tech-for-good solutions make the internet safer for everyone to use and help children move on from their traumatic experiences.