General complaints process
Our General Complaints Process covers general complaints about our service delivery including the behaviour of members of staff.
If you’d like to make an appeal regarding the assessment of content which led to a notice being issued to take down potentially criminal content or the inclusion of a child sexual abuse content URL on the IWF URL List please see our Content Assessment Appeal Process.
If you wish to complain about the IWF's service delivery including the behaviour of members of staff please make your complaint here.
General Complaints Process
- A member of the IWF's Senior Leadership Team (SLT) is made aware and a record of the complaint is made in our system.
- The complaint will be referred to the Manager of the relevant department (*1) to investigate (*2).
- The report of the investigation is reviewed by a member of SLT.
- If the complaint is upheld, remedial action is taken (*2) and the complainant informed.
- If the complaint is not upheld the complainant is informed of the outcome.
(*1): If the relevant line manager has been directly involved in the matter the complaint relates to, the complaint will be investigated by a SLT member. If a complaint against a member of staff is made by a Director/Trustee, the investigation will be conducted by a Director or the CEO. Any complaint against the CEO will be investigated by the Chair and two Vice-chairs who will then report their findings to the Board.
(*2): This may include the application of disciplinary procedures as set out in the IWF Staff Handbook.
Please note that where any form of complaint is not upheld, any personal data stored to enable investigation will subsequently be automatically deleted from our system following 90 days. If a subsequent complaint was received by the same complainant, this retention period would start again from the date of receipt of the new complaint.