Benefits to Members
Being a Member of IWF gives you access to a range of unique services which will help make your products safer for your users and will help prevent misuse by criminals.
- Takedown Notices: Immediate alerts about child sexual abuse images and videos hosted on UK networks.
- Simultaneous Alerts: Immediate alerts about child sexual abuse content hosted on US networks.
- Image Hash List: A list of unique identifiers of child sexual abuse images which can be used to identify such images on services in order to enable removal of them and prevent upload of such images.
- URL List: A list of webpages containing child sexual abuse material which can be used to block access to them.
- Keywords: A unique list of cryptic terms associated with child sexual abuse material so that networks and applications can be monitored and search results can be improved.
- Domain Alerts: Details of domain names that are known for hosting child sexual abuse content.
- Payment Brand Alerts: Notifications of payment brands shown alongside child sexual abuse content.
- Newsgroup Alerts: notifications of child sexual abuse content hosted on newsgroup services so they can be removed.
Can’t benefit from technical services? Don’t worry, you are welcome to join us.
Being a Member has a range of benefits in addition to our technical services.
Other benefits include
We help you provide a safe service for your users and protect your staff by:
- Reducing the risk of your users finding criminal content online;
- Empowering your staff with the knowledge and tools to fight online criminal content;
- Acting as a source of expertise for your staff and a trusted body for referrals from your users and staff.
We promote your brand as a responsible provider committed to combating criminal content online by:
- Publicising your membership and featuring your new products and services both in the UK and internationally;
- Highlighting your role in our successful self-regulatory and partnership approach to policy developers and key influencers around the world;
- Presenting you with the ‘IWF Member Logo’ to help you enhance your credibility with your users and stand out from your competitors.
We connect you into a global network of people and organisations working to create a safer internet and protect children by:
- Providing networking opportunities where you will have access to influencers and decision makers.
- Linking you up with our partners and 130+ Members around the world to help you tackle criminal content online.
- Promoting opportunities for you to contribute to the development of internet policy in the UK, Europe and internationally.
- All funding Members of the IWF can apply to join the Funding Council. Our Funding Council gives advice on policy, provides funding and establishes and maintains our codes of practice. It also gives our Board expert advice from the internet industry on any new developments, through three industry Trustees.
We ensure you are aware of the latest trends in online criminal content to help you stay ahead of the curve by:
- Sharing research and intelligence on online criminal content, and in particular child sexual abuse content.
- Giving you access to the team working on the content to help you understand abuse on your services.
Want to discuss how joining our Members can help your business and customers?
Can we help?