We see images of child sexual abuse hosted on legitimate domains every day.
In 2014 alone, we identified more than 31,000 webpages hosting this content. Those webpages were found on 1,694 domains across the world.
Our Domain Alerts are notifications we send to companies in the domain registration sector if we find child sexual abuse images or videos on domains registered through them.
Every day, our analysts are identifying more content and seeking removal through sister hotlines, police and our industry Members across the world.
How our Domains Alerts can help you
You will get brand protection through notifications:
- We will send you content notifications when we see child sexual abuse images on one of your top level domains.
You will receive information suitable to your needs:
- We can provide you with historical assessment of websites you may be concerned about.
- We will offer you personalised support on issues, for example patterns of abuse relating to a specific domain where content is being found.
- You can sign up to monthly lists of cryptic keywords associated with paedophilic content to help you reduce the abuse of your brand.
- We offer customised information on trends to support your needs, for example being more aware of potentially suspicious domain registrations to help you avoid the abuse of your services.
Who is it for?
Any company working in the domain registry and registrar sector will benefit from our Domain Alert Service.
Case Study: Domain Alerts
IWF approached Company A* (a fictional name) as we had discovered child sexual abuse imagery hosted on their domain.
In the 9 months prior to them becoming IWF Members, 562 URLs on their Top Level Domain (TLD) were confirmed as child sexual abuse imagery.
This reduced dramatically in the 9 months following the start of their IWF Membership (and their subscription to the IWF Domain Alert Service) to 93 URLs on their TLD confirmed with child sexual abuse imagery.
Although the criminal content hosted on URLs within their domain has reduced significantly following their IWF Membership, our services allow us to get in contact directly, so if child sexual abuse imagery is found on their TLD they can take action quickly to suspend that domain.
The chart below shows the
Contact us today to discuss your Domain Alert requirements. Email email@example.com or call +44(0)1223 20 30 30.