IWF Chairing Child Protection in the Digital Environment Conference
19 February 2013
Susie Hargreaves, Internet Watch Foundation Chief Executive and UK Council for Child Internet Safety Board Member, will be chairing a one day national conference on child protection in the digital environment.
The conference takes place in London on Friday 22 March 2013 and unites a range of experts including:
- Peter Davies, Chief Executive, Child Exploitation and Online Protection Centre (Invited);
- David Brown HMI, National Advisor for ICT, Ofsted
- Simon Milner, Head of Policy, UK and Ireland, Facebook;
- Laura Higgins, Helpline Manager, UK Safer Internet Centre;
- Rebecca Avery, E-Safety Officer, Kent County Council;
- Tink Palmer, Chief Executive, Marie Collins Foundation;
- Dan Buckley, Deputy Head Teacher, Saltash.net Community School;
- Simon Snell, Detective Inspector and Head of Force Child Exploitation Unit, Devon and Cornwall Police
Susie Hargreaves said: “It is an honour to be asked to chair this prestigious event. It is a significant part of our future plans to use the IWF’s unique position to pull together experts from both the child protection sphere and the internet industry to create opportunities to debate these issues.”
For more information and to book a place - please visit the Capita Conference website .
Kate Parnell, 0207 202 0562